How do museums collect media art? Where do private collections find potential exhibits? What challenges arise with regard to new technologies - in collecting and preserving art? What role do current socio-political developments play for media art collections? And what effect does the increasing fusion of art and science have?
In the capacity building workshop "The Art of Collecting Media Art - Perspectives from museums and collections", hosted by werkleitz Centre for Media Art, diverse positions from the media art field will be examined.
• Attilia Fattori Franchini (Writer and Curator)
• Marcella Lista (Chief Curator Centre Pompidou)
• Alain Servais (Media Art Collector)
• Jenny Starick (Collections and Archives, ZKM - Center for Art and Media)
• Ivo Wessel (Software Developer and Media Art Collector)
Date: November 29, 16:00-18:00 CET
Access via Zoom:
Meeting-ID: 885 5210 4627 / Kenncode: 315344